Covid 19 Update – January 2021
Boris Johnson has announced a national lockdown for England – with people instructed to “stay at home”. It is expected the new lockdown in England will last until March
The Ocean club will remain closed for the duration of the lockdown.
If you have a query, then please email [email protected] and we will respond at the earliest opportunity.
As ever, thank you for all your patience, stay safe and stay well.
Ocean Club team
When we re-open the following will be in place:
All gym and swimming sessions must be booked in advance. To book please call 01665 721600 (members up to 4 days in advance, non members 1 day in advance)
- Masks must be worn on arrival, in corridors, changing rooms and toilets. They can be removed while exercising.
- Maximum numbers have been reduced to allow for social distancing in the pool and gym.
- We ask that swimmers arrive swim ready and shower quickly prior to swimming. After swimming showers are permitted but please vacate the changing rooms as quickly as possible.
- Please arrive on time for your session, if you arrive early you will be asked to wait outside.
- Floats and toys are not permitted in the pool. Swim aids such as arm bands and swim rings are allowed.
- The jacuzzi is open to adults aged 16 and over, and maximum capacity will be one person at a time, or up to four from the same household.
- The sauna and steam room are open to adults aged 16 and over, maximum capacity is two people in each room.
- In the interests of hygiene lost property will be kept for 24 hours before being thrown away.
- There may be restricted access to the swimming pool while swimming lessons are running on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons.
- The pool and gym are open daily please contact reception for up to date session times
- Gym users should arrive gym ready and are not permitted to use changing rooms, only lockers upstairs by the fitness studio. Personal belongings must not be taken into the gym. Please shower at home post workout.
- Gym users should not work out face to face unless from the same household.
- Equipment must be cleaned after use using spray and disposable paper roll provided, this is in addition to our own cleaning schedule.
- A water dispenser will be available but please bring your own refillable bottle as cups will not be provided.
- We are unsure as yet when studio fitness classes can re-start.